Tuesday, May 28, 2013

LETTER #41 - 17 OCT 1944







My Little Notes:
Well this is the last letter from Chanute Air Force Base in Rantoul, Illinois.  He now leaves for Boca Raton, Florida Army Air Field for more technical training.  Stay tuned!

On a sad note, his Army buddy Alvin Lloyd received a telegram from his mother that his younger brother was wounded in France.  According to my research, this would be his younger brother, Robert Harold Lloyd.  I have no military data as of yet on Robert Harold, but I know he died at the age of 65 in 1990.  See his memorial below from Find-A-Grave:

Link to Memorial on Robert Harold Lloyd

1949 Poster for Armed Forces Day - The picture reminded me of brothers like the Lloyds.  There were 5 boys and I know for sure that 4 of them served our Country; 2 in WWII and 2 in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment