Thursday, May 23, 2013

LETTER #40 - 13 OCT 1944




My Little Notes:
Sounds like Uncle Louie will be shipping out soon.  He mentions about passing the "sweat box".  I tried to do a little research on it and I am thinking it is training to get used to being confined in the glass dome area that they will be in as an aerial gunner.  Or possibly training for this type of torture treatment as it is more commonly known.  If anybody has a better description please let me know.  I found this picture (see below) from Wakeman General Hospital in Indiana.  It was a big Army hospital and training center during WWII.  Here is also a link for more information on the history of Wakeman General Hospital. 

WakemanHospital/HoosierTrainingGround/HoosierTrainingGround.htm

A "sweat box" from Wakeman Hospital ~ undated.

No comments:

Post a Comment