Thursday, February 7, 2013

LETTER #31 - 13 JULY 1944 from bunkmate Ray Kubick


My little notes:
Sometimes the past meets the present.....  As I was scanning this letter to post on Ray Kubick, I decided to search his name since the letter mentioned New Jersey and maybe I could find him.  Lo and behold I found him!  Unfortunately, Ray just recently passed away last Thursday.  I signed the online guest book and told the family how I knew him.  He had 3 children and I am hoping to connect with them and share the sweet letters I have of their father at the age of 20 training at the radio school with my Uncle. This makes me humbled and honored to make a connection with someone who was part of my ancestors' lives.  Please read the obituary below (click on link):

Raymond Albert Kubick Jr. Obiturary ~ please read



I also looked ahead and there are four more letters from Ray; two letters later in 1944, one in 1945 and one in 1946.

No comments:

Post a Comment